12. maaliskuuta 2014

Kirja: The Ever After of Ella and Micha

The Ever After of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #4)
Kirja: The Ever After of Ella and Micha
Kirjailija: Jessica Sorensen
Gengre: romantiikka
Sarja: The Secret #4
Sivumäärä: 272
Julkaisuvuosi: 2013

The day Ella has waited for is just around the corner. It's the day she'll marry Micha, the love of her life, the light that guided her out of the darkness. It looks like it will be the perfect Christmas-until an unexpected package arrives with a harsh reminder of Ella's past. Suddenly Ella doesn't feel as confident about her future. Can she really have a "happily-ever-after" if she's never even seen one?

Micha will stand by Ella no matter what she's going through-though he worries that she might leave him standing at the altar again. When he's offered a once-in-a-lifetime chance to tour with his favorite bands for three months, Micha knows he can't leave Ella behind. But can he ask her to uproot her life to join him on the road?


Now Ella and Micha must find a way to balance their fears, their dreams, and their love . . . if they ever want to hear wedding bells.

Muita kirjailijan kirjoja: sarjassa aiemmin ilmestyneet "The Secret of Ella and Micha" ja "The Forever of Ella and Micha" sekä "The Temptation of Lila and Ethan"
Arviointi: Uu, osa jonka halusin niin kipeästi lukea. Ja jos ensimmäinen ja toinen osa oli rakastettavia ja ihania ja täydellisiä,, niin tämä osa ei aivan yltänyt sille tasolle. Tai oikeastaan, ei lähellekään. Pahoittelut. Ja sanottakoon nyt tähän väliin, että epäilen sitä tulenko lukemaan sarjan kolmatta osaa Lilasta ja Ethanista. Ehkä joskus, ken tietää.
     Tämä sarja alkoi salaisuuksilla ja lähti heti käyntiin. Toinen osa oli ensimmäistä osaa ehkä vielä hieman parempi. Kuitenkin, tässä osasssa tuntui kuin kaikki keinot hyvän kirjan kirjoittamiseksi olisi käytetty ja Ella ja Micha vain haluttaisiin enää saada naimisiin ja that's it. Koska oikeasti, sellainen tämä kirja oli. Ja jos ei kiiruhdettu naimisiin menon kanssa, niin sitten tehtiin jotain aivan turhanpäiväisiä asioita millä ei ollut mitään tekemistä minkään kanssa. Yritä sellaista sitten lukea mielenkiinnolla. Se on vaikeaa.
     Yksi hyvä asia kuitenkin tässäkin kirjassa oli. Tai oikeastaan kaksi. Ella ja Micha. Yhdessä ja erikseen. Olen edelleen rakastunut heihin molempiin. Ja onneksi he eivät ole sinänsä muuttuneet näiden osien aikana. He ovat edelleen ne samat, itsepäiset henkilöt, kuin ensimmäisessäkin osassa. Pisteet siitä siis kirjailijalle. Heidän avulla tästä kirjasta tuli edes jotenkuten loppuun luettava.
     Ja laitan tähän nyt ehkä ainoan kohdan, joka mielestäni oli jakamisen arvoinen. No ei nyt ehkä ainoa, mutta sellainen joka sai eniten minussa ajatuksia aikaan. Mutta ainakin näihin kappaleisiin oli saatu tiivistettyä koko Ellan ja Michan tarina:
     "“I can’t think of a time where I didn’t want to be with you.” I glance back and forth between the paper and her as I speak. “From the moment you stepped out the door of your house, I thought you were beautiful and I wanted you in my life. I can’t say it was love at first sight since I was too young and I don’t believe in love at first sight. I believe in finding the right person who makes everything easy, who makes me happy, who makes life worth living and more exciting, whether it’s kissing on swing sets,” I say and that gets her to smile, “racing cars, getting tattoos, sharing Popsicles and tears, or just sitting in my room singing while you draw. I couldn’t have done life without you and every single moment, good or bad, has been worth it because it got us right here to this very place and this very moment where I get to have you for the rest of my life. You make me happier than I can even begin to explain. I love you, Ella May, more than life itself, and I’ll continue to love you until I take my last breath—I’ll love you forever. You own my heart.” By the end, my voice is getting unsteady with the emotions flooding through me as I think about everything we’ve gone through to get to this place and that in a few moments she will be mine forever, the girl next door who I fell in love with and gave my heart to completely."
---
     "“You know when I first met you, you scared the shit out of me.” She pulls a “whoops” face and glances at the minister, who sighs because he knows us well enough to know this is just how we talk. Then she returns her focus to me and clears her throat. “You were so intense and determined to get to know me and I couldn’t understand why you would want to, for a lot of reasons, reasons that you know about because you know me better than anyone.” Her voice wobbles a little and she lets go of the paper and wipes her sweaty palm on her jacket. “But eventually you sort of wore on me.” Her lips quirk and it makes me grin. “You became my light in my dark life and you made me feel so loved that I’d forget how to breathe. You were the only one who could make me laugh, smile, have fun, not give up. You were always there for me and somehow, through the crazy, intense years, you fought your way into my soul and ended up becoming my everything. You became my lifeline, the one person I could rely on no matter what, whether I was upset or pushing you away—you were always there for me. And I love you for it and for the amazing person that you are, for writing me songs and tattooing them on your skin, for wearing a ridiculous O-ring on your finger,” she says, trying to smile but I can tell she’s getting overwhelmed by her emotions. “And for loving me enough not to let me give up, not matter how hard I fought.” A breath gradually eases from her lips as she stuffs the paper into her jacket pocket."


Arvosana: ***

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti